Goshen's first "Share the Bounty Week" took place November 18 to 23, 2013. The week was a collaboration among [[Transition Goshen]], the [[Goshen Farmers Market]], [[The WIndow of Goshen|The Window]], [[Maple City Market]], [[Church Community Services]] (CCS) and other organizations committed to making healthy, local food more accessible in Goshen and Elkhart County. The week's events included a variety of community dialogues including a World Cafe, an Open Space, and a panel discussion.
Laura Bruno's article for the Maple City Market newsletter identifies some of the week's stories and connections.
The lineup of events was as follows:
- M-F, 11/18–22 - Lexicon of Sustainability pop-up show, hosted by Goshen College EcoPAX at Goshen College; illuminating the vocabulary of sustainable agriculture
- M 11/18, 6:30pm - Seed to Feed: a program of Church Community Services, hosted by the Maple City Market Board of Directors at Goshen Chamber of Commerce; a discussion of nutritious food procurement, economic sustainability, and empowerment opportunities for food pantries
- W 11/20, 7pm - Food insecurity panel discussion, hosted by Goshen College EcoPAX students at Goshen College; perspectives on what food insecurity means in our local context
- Th 11/21, 7pm - “A Place at the Table,” sponsored by Maple City Market, presented by the Farmers Market Film Series at the new Art House cinema in Goshen; raising awareness about hunger and food insecurity in America – benefiting The Window
- F 11/22, 7pm - “A Place at the Table,” sponsored by Maple City Market, presented by Seed to Feed, a program of Church Community Services at New Life Community Church; raising awareness about hunger and food insecurity in America – benefiting CCS
- Sat 11/23, 8am–1pm - Harvest Celebration, hosted by Goshen Farmers Market at the Market; celebrating the market, thanking the community, and supporting Share the Bounty
- Sat 11/23, 2pm–5:30pm - Open Space community event, hosted by Transition Goshen at Goshen City Church of the Brethren; turning the week’s ideas into action