The Boys and Girls Club of Goshen is an organization within Goshen whose mission is:
"To inspire and empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens."
The Club serves the community by providing a safe space for young people of the community. It provides after-school and summer care for kids in the community of Goshen. The following is the Club's story.
"The Goshen Club has been in existence in the same location since 1956, and there have been three different buildings on the original site.
It was first a private home, donated by the family of Theda Clark Smith to the City of Goshen which opted to use the home to provide extra support and guidance to some of Goshen’s youth. This site became the Boys Club in 1956.
In 1983, the original home was razed and a new 9,000 square foot Club erected on the same Crescent Street property in Goshen. In 2000, the third Club, a 32,000 square-foot facility, was constructed on Theda Clark’s property.
The Boys & Girls Club of Goshen remains dedicated to serving Goshen area children with award-winning programming and services well for this and future generations. It is the mission of the Club to continue to provide each and every child with the tools they need to become productive, responsible and caring citizens."
Click here to see the Girls and Boys club of Goshen's full website.
Click here to see the five main program areas the the Girls and Boys Club offers.