From the College's introductory webpage:
Goshen College is a liberal arts college dedicated to the development of informed, articulate, sensitive, responsible Christians.
As a ministry of the Mennonite Church, we seek to integrate Christian values with educational, social and professional life. As a community of faith and learning, we strive to foster personal, intellectual, spiritual and social growth in every person. We view education as a moral activity that produces servant-leaders for the church and the world.
At Goshen College we intend to create a community of faith and learning built on five core values: Christ-centeredness, passionate learning, servant leadership, compassionate peacemaking and global citizenship. In our academic program and campus life students will develop the knowledge, skills and values for:
A LIFE THAT IS CHRIST-CENTERED, WITH
- a reflective faith that nurtures spiritual growth in individual and corporate contexts
- an active faith that informs all life’s choices
A LIFE OF PASSIONATE LEARNING, THROUGH
- the mastery of a major field of study as the basis for life-long learning, service, relationships, and work in a socially and culturally diverse context
- an extensive foundation of knowledge, skills, processes and methodologies derived from a liberal arts curriculum that are required for systematic study and problem solving
A LIFE OF SERVANT LEADERSHIP, BASED ON
- a leadership ability that empowers self and others
- a healthy understanding of self and others that is reflected in relationships of interdependence and mutual accountability
A LIFE OF COMPASSIONATE PEACEMAKING WITH
- a personal integrity that fosters the ability to resolve conflict and to promote justice
- a commitment to diversity in all of its forms both conceptually and in practice
A LIFE OF GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP WITH
- an intercultural openness with the ability to function effectively with people of other world views
- a responsible understanding of stewardship for human systems and the environment in a multicultural world
Goshen College’s academic program is integrated into all aspects of college life, curricular and co-curricular. We encourage students to learn and grow beyond the parameters of their discipline-based training, to recognize the powerful connection between the disciplines, and between the education of the mind, body and spirit.